It's my first day at work today - after a very short but well deserved christmas break. Hope you had a nice one too!
And what a better way to resume blogging than with a news article highlighting what i discussed in my last post. This article in today's Independent newspaper clearly demonstrates how organisations are increasing embracing the internet as a PR tool.
http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/article2108225.ece
Online Stunts: Cheddarvision
I hadn't thought of online PR stunts until I came across a bizzare one that appears to have drawn the media's attention.
Cheese makers in Somerset have launched a webcam which is focused on a chunk of cheddar. They'll keep it running throughout 2007 so you can watch the cheese mature, very very slowly.
If you fancy watching a piece of cheese check out: www.cheddarvision.tv
I think PR practitioners should brace themselves for more of such online campaigns - yet another example of how PR is embracing the world wide web.
Thursday, 28 December 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Akidi, you are right on the mark! I believe the internet has actually become that revolutionary even though I believe not by design.
This tool has made it possible for everything to happen. All sorts of people have been brought together through a forum that exhibits what they can do or are about. Think You-Tube, MySpace, Google, and my most most interesting center for knowledge by consensus other than fact. Every little bit of contribution all mankind is making somehow ends up on the internet, a fit no single PR cocktail event can accomplish in one evening.
Something must however be said about the creative abilities of human beings. Somehow, when incorporated with new trends of technology, I believe PR will thrive. My wonderful professor is intent on incorporating technology in curricula everyday in elementary classrooms. It is just what it is, the technology cannot be avoided today and it is even getting bigger!
hahaha, what's funny is that cheddervision has had over 37,000 views! You're right there, PR is all embracing towards new media. Just trawl through YouTube to see how people endorse themselves! Hilarious!
Post a Comment