In my last post, I hinted that I'd be examining the future of public relations. What are some of the trends emerging in PR? Where is PR heading to?Well public relations has traditionally been conducted through the media. PR practitioners use the media like newspapers, television and radio to get messages to their publics. Therefore in order to determine the future of PR, it is important to analyse the forces that are shaping the media today.
It has been argued that with globalisation has come new technology. The last decade has seen a rapid advancement in technology.
When we talk of the media, we can no longer limit this description to Television, radio and newspapers. The last decade has been characterised by the growth of new media technology or new media as it is now referred to.
The Internet, mobile phones, email, podcasts, 24 hour news channels, social networking groups blogs etc. All these have transformed the media and are already affecting the practice of PR.
Over the next few days, I'll be analysing how new media is likely to impact on PR in future.

No comments:
Post a Comment