While many organisations in the UK appear to have accepted a recent conclusion by top scientists that human activity is partly is to blame for global warming, and have apparently adopted policies to reduce their carbon emissions, a number of American corporations are still in denial.
Some of them view the climate change debate as an alarmist scare campaign by those who hate capitalism and love "big government". I came across a website by a US "think tank" known as the Competitive Enterprise Institute that is campaigning against what they describe as alarmist global warming theories.
The organisation produced two 60-second television spots focusing on the alleged global warming crisis and the calls by some environmental groups and politicians for reduced energy use that have been airing in 14 U.S. cities.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sGKvDNdJNA
I think this proves that there are a number of sceptics out there who do no believe or even care about this phenomenon that has been described as the greatest threat facing mankind. I'll try and check out some corporations that are not buying into this green fad.
Saturday, 24 February 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment